Thursday 19 June 2014

日本大好き - 30 minute Yakitori Don 焼き鳥丼

The other night I was looking at one of my favourite Japanese Food Blogger- justonecookbook and suddenly so craving for some yakitori which in English mean grill chicken skewer. But it will be too much hassle to setup a grill just to make some chicken skewer, so Instead of grill, I pan fried it. I love yakitori so much and I always order it at my favourite Japanese restaurant, but I consider it pretty expensive if you order it at restaurant while it actually very easy to made and can be done in 30 minutes.


I often hear that some traditional Japanese store who sell yakitori, their sauce are usually 20+ years old which make it so rich and smooth in flavour. As you can tell the sauce is the soul of this delicious dish, and the same sauce can use for other grill food such as vegetable and other meats.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as it is very easy and fast recipe which I literally time and can be done in 30 minutes, a great lunch or dinner idea for busy people.

Ingredient

10-12 6-inch bamboo skewers
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, at room temperature
9 Green Onions or Shallot
Vegetable oil
1 bowl of rice

Yakitori Sauce (Tare)
½ cup soy sauce
50ml mirin
80ml sake
70g Sugar
Small bunch of green part on green onion or shallot
1) Soak bamboo skewer in water for 30 minutes.
2) Combined all the yakitori sauce ingredient in a sauce pan and shimmers for about 15 minutes until thicken. (Note: to test if the sauce is thickened, draw a line on spatula and if the line stays, your sauce is done.)
3) Use kitchen towel/paper to drink the chicken and dice into cube.


4) Cut the Shallot/spring onion into same length as the chicken.

5) Arrange the chicken and shallot alternatively and pierce through with skewer. Repeat until all the ingredient finish.
6) Pre-heated the pan and coat with thin layer oil.


7) Pan fried for 5 minutes and turn over for another 5 minutes until golden brown.

8) Once the skewer is cooked, brush the yakitori sauce on top until it completely coat with the sauce.

9) Arrange on top of freshly cooked rice and serve immediately.
 
Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...