Monday 18 August 2014

J’aime le macaron - Peanut Macaron with Salted Caramel and Banana Filling

I haven’t been making any macaron lately because of the holiday, study, work and weather (Yes I blame winter because it just makes you want to lay on the couch and do nothing.). After being lazy for so long, I finally pick up my spatula and start making macaron again on the day I feel like it's going to be a good macaron day. Please also check my other macaron flavor such as Earl Grey, Matcha Red Bean, Pistachio and Raspberry Pistachio.


In this recipe, I substituted half of the almond meal into peanut meal, which is more fragrant while baking. Normally macaron contain heaps of butter cream inside as filling but sometimes it becomes a bit too heavy to eat, so I want to put some fruit inside to balance the sweetness and the richness of the butter cream. There you go salted caramel and banana become my number one choice as the texture of banana go really well with the salted caramel butter cream.
After I finished the macaron, it was looking a little bit too plain for me. So I use some dark chocolate to do some simple decoration and it suddenly look much better. And there you go in one tiny macaron, I manage to put 4 flavours in it and I have to say it was one of the best batches I have ever done so far. Those 4 flavours are really working really well together.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and also with my other macaron flavour. My plan so far is to challenge myself by making all the macaron flavour from my favourite Macaron Artist Pierre Herme’s cookbook.

Ingredient

Macaron Shell
50g Peanut Meal
50g Almond Meal
100g Icing Sugar
80g Egg White
80g Caster Sugar
25ml Water
Banana Salted Caramel Filling
100g Caster Sugar
3 tablespoon Water
100ml Cream, warmed
Pint of Salt
100g Butter, Room Temperature and cubed
1 Banana, diced
Decoration
50g Dark Chocolate, melted
 
1) Mix peanut meal, almond meal and icing sugar. And sift everything and set aside for later.


2) Mix in 40g egg white with the dry ingredient until it forms a paste texture.
3) Combine the sugar with water and heat until it reaches 112 Degree. Start beating the remaining egg white until it form a soft peak.
4) Once the sugar syrup reach 118 Degree, slowly pour into the egg white and keep beating until it become firm, glossy and back to room temperature.
5) Mix in the 1/3 egg white a time until it well combined with almond peanut paste.
6) Repeat the previous step until all the egg white mix in and gently folding the batter until it become pourable.
7) Transfer into piping bag and pipe on the baking paper with 1cm apart. Tap the baking trap couples of times to get ride of the small bubble.
8) Leave the macron shell to air fry for about 45-60 minutes until it is not sticky to touch.
9) Turn on the fan forced oven into 150 Degree and place on the bottom rack. Bake for 11 minutes.
10) For the filling, combine the water and sugar in a pot on medium high heat until it turn into amber color.
11) Slowly pour in the warm cream and gently stir to combine. (Be careful of the hot caramel, it is safer to use a long handle spatula.)
12) After turn off the heat, add a pint of salt in.
13) Once the caramel back to about 45degree, slowly add in the butter and beat until fluffy.
14) Pair the macaron shells and pipe the salted caramel on top.
15) Cut a piece of banana in the middle and pipe some more salted caramel butter cream on top. Sandwich the macaron together.
16) Decorate the macaron with some dark chocolate on top as you wish.
17) Once the chocolate is set, refrigerate the macaron for at least 24 hours before serve.
Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...