Friday 18 July 2014

Langue de chat – Crispy Cat’s Tongue Cookie

After slacking off blogging for a while, I finally back on the track and finish all my pending post. And I was pretty impressed about myself finish 1 post each day and able to finish all before I’m off to my holiday which I won’t have time to do cooking post but instead I will try to do some post on my Japan trip.
Well after all this is one of the recipe that I made so that I can use up all the left over off egg whites. I usually use the egg white to make macaron but then it was too cold to sit and wait for it to dry, therefore I found this light and crispy Langue de chat cookie, in English it refer as cat’s tongue cookie.


It has a very different texture cookie from what I usually made, it is light and crispy which is easily finish them all without knowing. And it surprises me that Dad really like it and ask me to make more.
It is really easy and hassle free to make this type of cookie, and also you can easily pipe into different shape. I made some into bear shape and sandwich it with chocolate just like macaron, it was so adorable.
Hope you like this recipe and I will update about my trip with all the delicious Japanese food. I am so excited to visit the traditional Kyoto city and try all the yummy Japanese cuisine.
Ingredient
30g corn flour
60g plain flour
90g unsalted butter, softened
45g icing sugar
3 egg whites
45g sugar
80g milk chocolate button

1) Sift the corn flour and plain flour together, set aside.
2) Pre-heat oven to 170 Degree.
3) Beat the butter and icing sugar together until creamy and fluffy.
4) Beat the egg white in a separate clean bowl until soft peak form, gradually add in sugar until it has firm peak.
5) Add in 1/3 egg white into the butter until it fully combined. Continue until all egg white mix well with butter.
6) Gradually add ½ flour in and mix well together, repeat until all flour mix in and make sure no lump is left.

7) Transfer into piping bag, and pipe on baking sheet as desire. (I tried to pipe in heart shape, bear shape and traditional Langue de chat shape, feel creative but try to keep it small so it easier to get crispy.)
8) Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edge turn brown and it golden color in the middle
9) Transfer to wire and cool down.
10) Meanwhile, put the chocolate button in a piping bag enclosed and soak in hot water for melting.
11) Decorate or sandwich the chocolate as you wish.




Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...