Wednesday 6 August 2014

Super Easy 30 minutes Potato Dill Egg Salad

I’m back in Sydney for more than a week now. Finally settle down and kill my post-holiday blue with another holiday end of this year. I’m pretty sure I am very addicted to travel and you cannot believe how depress I am when I just came back from Japan. Seriously Japan is full of delicious food and fun thing to do where I just want to live there. I shall share my Japan Trip with you soon when I start catch up a bit with my study.


I have to confess that I feel lazy about blogging even since I came back from holiday and also lazy for baking too. But I still manage to make some lunch for myself even now and then. And this potato Dill Egg salad have become one of my favourite dish recently, since I made it twice this week already and my whole family love it. Originally Potato egg salad is good enough already but adding some dill into the dish make it taste even better.

Dill has soft and sweet taste with delicate fragrant flavour; it is widely used in variety dish throughout the world. Their distinct aroma work really well with eggs and it make the plain salad dish start to have a character. It sound a bit dramatic but it did taste really good after you add fresh dill in it.

Hope you like the recipe, it a very simple easy dish to make which will take no more than 30 minutes to make and there you have the delicious fragrant salad dish.

Ingredient (4 serve Main, 8 serve side dish)

2 Large or 3 small medium Potato, Washed
4 eggs
2 sprigs Fresh Dill
½ onions
3 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon Whole Mustard Seeds


Salt and pepper to taste
1) Put potato and egg together in a pot with water just covering it.

2) After water boiling for 5 minutes, take the egg out and put in cold water to cool down.

3) Keep boiling the potato until it can be easily poked through, add more water if needed.


4) Chop the egg and onion into dice and pick the dill leaves for later use. 
5) Once the potato is cooked, put in cold water to cool down and use a spoon to peel off the skin.
6) Just use your hand roughly crash the potato into bite size chuck. 
7) Mix the salad with Mayonnaise and mustard seeds; you may add more if you like really creamy salad.

8) Put salt and pepper to taste.
9) Also it will be a great bento box side dish.

Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...