Tuesday 30 June 2015

Matcha shortbread 抹茶サブレ


It had been a while since I updated my blog, it doesn't mean I haven't been baking lately; actually I did keep on baking (that how I release my stress). This year had gone so fast, half is now gone and we officially step into the second half of 2015. I have been waiting for a reply from the Pastry school in Paris to get back to my about my application, to be honest I was a bit scared but life goes on and I have tried my best I have no regret.


So I finally have time to write a blog post after 3 months, as you may have found from my previous blog post, I love Japan A LOT. The April just passed, I went to Japan with my friends to see the cherry blossom, it was a shame that the weather are not as decent as I expected but I did view some amazing flower and visit couple of sightseeing that I always wanted to pay a visit. From the trip, I bought back some quality Matcha powder from Kyoto – Uji or most say birthplace of matcha. This time I’m going to combine the matcha with my favorite shortbread recipe and also a sakura shape cutter I bought from Tokyo. This is a relatively simple and easy recipe but it deliver amazing cookie just like the one you bought at shop.

Hope you enjoy the recipe and I will surely experiment more matcha creation.



Ingredients

135g Butter, softened
180g Plain Flour
70g Corn Flour
7g Matcha Powder
80g caster sugar
½ tsp salt



1.    Shifted plain flour, corn flour and Matcha powder together.



2.    Beat the butter and sugar together until it become pale and fluffy.



3.    Combine the dry ingredient with the butter until it forms crumble.


4.    Put the dough in a plastic bag and roll to approximately 1cm thick and put in fridge for 30min to harden the dough.

5.    Pre-heat oven to 180C.


6.    Use your favorite cutter to cut on the dough and place on the baking tray.


7.    Bake for 8 minutes and transfer to wire to cool down.




Bon Appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...