Tuesday 8 July 2014

Strawberry White Chocolate Lemon Mousse Cake


It has been a while since my last blog post as I’ve been slacking off because it was too cold to cook in such a freezing weather. But as soon as I saw some delicious strawberry on sale at supermarket, I just couldn’t help but buy some and start put in thought what can I made with that. And first thing come up to my mind is some beautiful cake accompany with the strawberry. As it was a recipe I found on some Japanese website but I recreated little bit of it.
Since I wasn’t plan on making cake so I didn’t prepare a sponge cake night before, so instead of baking the whole cake, I bake it layer by layer and surprisingly it was actually easier while you assembly the cake together. Especially when I always had hard time slicing the cake evenly, it actually saves a lot of work and time. 

This cake was practice for my mum coming birthday cake in a week time. Hope you like it and would love to share the birthday cake that I’m going to make for my mum very soon.

Ingredient

Sponge Cake
4 eggs, separated
70g Sugar
75g plain flour, sifted
White Chocolate Lemon mousse
60g White Chocolate
75ml Milk
1 lemon zest
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
25ml water
5g gelatine powder
150g cream, whipped
Assembly
500g strawberry, washed
150g cream, whipped
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1) Prepare a stencil with your desire size for the cake.
  
2) Whisk the egg white at high speed until it form a soft peak and then slow add in the sugars.
3) Continue whisk egg white until it firm and glossy.
4) Add in the remaining egg yolk into egg white and whisk for 5 second until it well combined.
 
5) Add in the sifted flour and gently fold in with the egg mixture.
 
6) Transfer the batter into pipping bag and pipe according to your stencil.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes depend on the size and thickness. (My stencil is 8 inch and about 2cm thick and bake for 10 minutes, you can check if the cake is fully cooked by using skewer test, if it comes out clean then your sponge cake it ready.)
8) Repeat until all the batter is finish, it will make 3 layer of sponge cake.
9) Once the sponge cake out of oven, place a baking sheet on top and flip it over.
10) Carefully peel off the baking sheet. Put the baking sheet back on top and wait until it cool down.
11) Once it all cools down, trim 2 piece of sponge cake into 8 inch and 1 piece into 6 inch.
12) Meanwhile, wash the strawberry and pick the best looking 5 strawberries out and halved and sliced the strawberry.
13) Soak the gelatine powder with water.
 
14) Put milk, vanilla essence and lemon zest in the pot and heat until small bubble appear on the side. Set aside to cool down a little.
 
15) Pour the milk into the white chocolate and let it set for a minute. Slowly stir the milk and white chocolate until all chocolate is melted and combined with milk.
16) Put the gelatine into microwave for 5 second until it comes out clear (Or hot water baths it.). Mix in with the white chocolate.
17) Whipped the cream until soft peak form, and then mix in with the white chocolate.
 
18) Place a piece of 8 inch sponge cake on the bottoms; arrange the halved strawberry around the cake mould.
19) Arrange the sliced strawberry on top of the sponge cake.
20) Pour half of the white chocolate lemon mousse and spread out evenly.
21) Place the 6inch sponge cake on top and repeat step 19) and 20).
 
22) Place the 8 inch sponge on top and refrigerate for at least an hours.
23) Whipped the remaining cream with icing sugar into firm peak and apply a thin layer on top.
 
24) Transfer the rest into to a pipping with your favourite nozzle and decorate as pleased.
Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...