Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas Gift Idea - Chestnut Shaped Chocolate Cake with Crushed Peanut

It had been 3 months since I last post blog, which I feel so ashamed of being lazy. But now getting closer to the end of the year, and it usually become my crazy baking season for the Christmas. Usually I will bake some cake or cookie as Christmas Gift because I think it more sincere to say thank you to the person that I’m giving it to (Plus I do not like present shopping, it kills my brain cells). 


I originally want to make Madeleine but realize I don’t own any Shell shaped like cake mould at home but I remember I bought a chestnut shaped cake mould from my last trip to Japan. Therefore I decide to make a chestnut shape cake and decorate it like chestnut too.
I’m happy that it turns out exactly what I expected. It looks just like a Chestnut, which I found really cute. This is a super easy to make it only take me 30 minutes, so if you have many friends that you need to give presents too, this recipe can save you a lot of time. 
I actually got few more Christmas Gift Idea I want to make before the year end, now I’m exam free forever and should be able to post blog more frequent after my Christmas holiday. 
Hope you enjoy this cute little cake.


Ingredient

90g Plain Flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
60g sugar
2 eggs
90g butter, melted
1.5 tbsp milk
Oil to grease cake mould

Decoration

50g dark chocolate, melted
Crushed Peanut to coat
1) Preheat oven to 180 C fan-forced or 200 oven. 

2) Coat the cake mould with oil.
 

3) Beat eggs and sugar together until fluffy and pale.
 

4)  Shift in plain flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into egg mixture. 

5) Slowly add in the melted butter into mixture and mix until well combined.

6) Add milks in and mix in slow speed for 30 seconds.
7) Pour into the cake mould until ¾ full.

8) Bake for 12-15 minutes or insert skewer in the cake if it come out clean it ready to take out of oven.

9) Transfer to rack for cooling down.
 

10) Meanwhile, hot water bath to melt the chocolate. Prepare a bowl of crushed peanut.

11) Once the cake cool down, dips the flat bottom part into melted chocolate and lightly taps away the excess chocolate.
 

12) Gently roll the cake into crushed peanut and let the chocolate set.

13) Serve with a cup of tea or coffee.



Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...