Tuesday 9 December 2014

Orange Avocado Chocolate Mousse Tart

I’ve been quite stress out with the coming exam, my French lesson (which I’m really behind) and also worrying my budget for Europe next year which make me so tired and exhausted every day and no energy to write any new blog post but I still bake every now and then. Freezing cold winter is finally over and I can feel the spring is on its way to Australia, weather getting warmer which is good news.


Since spring and summer is getting closer, I believer lot of girls are just like me getting busy to get the bikini body back. It is just never an easy job to lose those unwanted weight that you accumulated throughout winter. And also it is too hard to say good bye to all those yummy dessert. I’m currently on low carb diet, which means no rice, noodle and pasta for me and I’m also trying to do some exercise every day.

But you know every now and then you will start crave for sweet. I found this idea from internet a while a ago but haven’t really put in action and make it. It was a pretty stunning idea using avocado instead of cream and makes a lighter and healthier version of chocolate mousse. The creamy texture of a ripe avocado is the best substitute of cream and it doesn’t has a distinct flavour which make the chocolate taste more popped out.

Hope you enjoy this recipe and have a little treat while you working hard toward the perfect bikini body.

Ingredients

Tart Shell
150g Plain Flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ orange zests
60g sugar
75g butter, chilled
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon water

Orange Avocado Chocolate mousse
60g Dark Chocolate, Melted
30g cocoa powder
30g icing sugar
¾ orange zest (leave some for decoration)
Pinch of salt
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoon of milk
1) Sift flour and mix with baking powder, orange zest, sugar together.

2) Use your hand or pie cutter mix in the butter until it becomes fine crumble.
3) Make a well in the middle and put in egg yolk and water.


4) Gently knead the dough together until it become smooth, wrap in cling wrap and chill for at least an hour.
5) Preheat oven to 180C. Take the dough out and flatten it to 3mm thick, use fork to poke some hole on the dough.
6) Use a cookie cutter just slightly bigger than the tart mould to cut out the shape. 

7) Use your hand gently press the dough with the tart mould.

8) Bake for 12 minutes until it turn slightly golden brown. Let it cool down and unmould the tart.

9) Melted the dark chocolate and mix with salt, icing sugar, milk and cocoa powder. 


10) Peel and remove the seed from avocado, use a blender to blend it with the chocolate until smooth.

11) Transfer the mousse into pipping bag and pipe in the tart shell.

12) Decorate the tart with some orange zest.

Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...