Tuesday 9 December 2014

Snack Idea - French Vanilla Cashew Nut

The story start with mum bought a bag of dry roasted cashew nut but then she didn’t want to finish it because it a bit too bland. And as a nice daughter I offered to make some flavour for the nut and that how the whole idea of French Vanilla Cashew But from. French Vanilla nut usually come with almond (maybe coz it call French as French love almond a lot), but as you know all I have in hand is cashew nut but feel free to substitute with any other nut of your favourite.


I know it better to have either raw or just roasted nut but really it just not as exciting as these delicious sugar coated nut. I remember last time I went Costco shopping and wanting to buy the French vanilla almond and the price is almost double the price of normal almond and to be honest I was pretty shock. So I never really buy any flavoured nut from store instead I love to make my own batch.

It is way more worth to make your own batch because first you don’t need to pay double the price and second it very easy to get the ingredient in your kitchen and last but not least, it very quick to make and not hard at all. It makes perfect snacks for a handful with a cup of espresso coffee, c’est bon.

Hope you enjoy this recipe and save some penny for your pocket by making your own snack at home.

Ingredients

1 Egg White
4 Cups Cashew Nut
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
½ Cup Caster Sugar
¼ Raw Sugars
½ teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon 
1) Preheat oven to 150C.

2) Beat egg white and vanilla essence in a clean, oil free bowl until it become glossy and firm. 
3) Mix in the cashew nut until it all coated with egg while.
4) Combine sugars, salt and cinnamon. Pour into with egg white coated cashew nut until it evenly coated.
5) Line the baking tray and spread the nut in a single layer. 

6) Bake for 30 minutes, stir twice during baking.
7) Transfer to wire and let it cool down completely before store in air-tight container. 

Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...