Sunday 7 September 2014

J'aime Macaron - Red Velvet Macaron

Happy Father’s Day for every father! Today we went to Korean BBQ and then fish market to make some seafood feast for dinner. Weather in Sydney was pretty bad, it starts to become like London – rain and sunny. Remember last year Father’s Day, I made a red velvet cheesecake inspired by the Cheesecake Factory for my dad which was pretty hectic, it took me almost 2 days to make them and use up 6 packs of Cream Cheese, we ended up need to gave the rest to my friends. And this years, I was a bit unprepared for it, so this time I transfer this flavour into macaron for Father’s Day which my dad love it because it not very sweet and he loves cheese a lot.

 (That is the Red Velvet Cheese Cake I made last year Father's Day.)
To be honest, macaron probably is the most frequent dessert I’ve made ever since I start baking.  It is really a very creative sweet ever and also very pretty too. It feels really good when I successfully baked those pretty feet like a lace trim. I know macaron leave a really strong impression of how sweet they are which is what I thought as well. Therefore I always tried to find some combination that won’t be as sweet.

I used the Italian meringue method (e.g. Earl Grey Macaron) in this recipe but you may also do it in French method (E.g. Pistachio Macaron), I have more detail step-by-step photo in my previous blog post. I don't have a preference method as they both end product turn out pretty similar.

Hope you enjoy the recipe.

Ingredients


Macaron Shell                                               
100g Almond Meal                                               
100g Icing sugar                                               
5g cocoa Powder                                               
80g Egg white                                                           
Drops of red gel colouring                                   
80g Sugar                                                           
25ml Water
Cream Cheese Butter cream
125g Cream Cheese, room temperature           
60g Butter, Room temperature
40g icing Sugar                                               
                                                         

1) Sift the almond meal, icing sugar and cocoa powder together and well combined.

2) Use half of egg white and red gel colouring, mix with the dry ingredient until it become thick paste.
3) Put water and sugar into a pot and heat with medium heat. Use a thermometer; once the sugar syrup reaches 112C, start beat the egg white until it forms a soft peak.
4) Once the sugar syrup reach 118C, slowly pour the syrup from the side into egg white while keep beating at high speed until it forms glossy medium peak meringue. (Be careful for the hot syrup)
5) Fold in 1/3 meringue with the almond meal paste. Repeat until all the meringue mix in with the almond paste until the batter can slowly sink in and flatten in 30 seconds.
6) Transfer to pipping bag and pipe over stencil through baking paper.

7) Let the macaron air dry for at least 45-60 minutes.

8) Pre heat the oven to fan forced 150C, 10 minutes before baking.
9) Put macaron at the bottom rack and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 145C after 7 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool down. Pair the macaron with similar size.

10) For cream cheese butter cream, cream the cream cheese until fluffy and then slowly add in butter and icing sugar until smooth and fluffy.
11) Transfer the butter cream into pipping bag and pipe onto the macaron. Sandwich the macaron.
Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ma vie à FERRANDI Paris - week 1

Viola I’m now one step closer to my dream but I know there are still a long way to go. I was so excited that I cannot sleep the night...